So we finally got the growth chart done for our nice, and I love the way it turned out. (It is designed to hang 6" above the floor) We dropped it off, and it took her a solid 5+ minute to unwrap it, and she clearly preferred to hit the board. You can't win them all. I've got a quick tutorial on how we made the chart coming up soon.
I think I started to lose my mind by the end of the week. I was baking cupcakes for a 1st birthday, and I forgot the include flour. Right, cake without flour explodes if you didn't know. I had a hot mess on my hands. It all gone done and delivered on time, but I got a little less sleep. The smash cake was a lavender rosette cake. I'd never made one before, but I'll tell ya they are easy peasy.
I'm currently working to dig myself out of the massive stack of papers I have to grade. Almost there. We are starting a new unit on Thursday so I am really assessing how much homework they have, and in what manner it is given. I feel like the first unit I taught was just an overload of papers, and I don't think anyone is down with that. I also survived my 2nd observation. I'm awaiting my scores, but I only have 4 more observations left and a total of 8 more weeks of student teaching! So far the hardest part has been a few student issues and classroom management. I have so many good ideas on how I plan to manage my own classroom, but it is hard student teaching because in 8 weeks I have to return her classroom (really in just 6 weeks because the last 2 I am to be observing other teachers in the school).
I hope you have a great week!