Saturday, September 26, 2015

26.

26.  My age hit a new number this past week.  The numbers keep ticking by, but I don't feel any different really.  I remember reading a blog post by Kate from The Small Things Blog awhile back where she picked a signature mac lipstick color for her 27th year of life.  I liked the notion of having a signature something to ring in a new year of life.  Instead of a lip color I like to choose a signature mindset or phrase.  Last year I tried to make big decisions that focused around pursuing happiness.  The 25th year of my life is when we really took hold of our finances and financial goals, I took the big scary leap to go back to school, and I feel like Paul and I had some really good conversations about where our future is leading us to, all things done in the pursuit of happiness.
So 26, this is going to be the year of gratitude.  I have been blessed with so much, and this year more so than any other I want to really focus on always remembering that.
How about you? Do you pick a signature something for a new year or a new age for yourself?  I'd love to hear it!
p.s.  the blog got a makeover, I am still doing a few tweaks, but tell me what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for making the necessary sacrifices to pursue your educational dreams and goals! I so enjoy your blog --- it adds sunshine and smiles to my life - thank you! As a 60-year-old looking back on my life, I wish I would have followed this advice a little more: "Enjoy the little things in life...for one day, you may look back and realize they were the big things." One thing I have enjoyed through the years is keeping a journal --- now, years later, I've shortened it to a list of the top most important things I want to remember from each month. It's short and sweet and it's fun to look back on these things from year to year. BTW - Nice clean and simple look to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! I love your advise, especially in my pre-children days of being married. Sometimes it is hard to slow down and enjoy just being the two of us

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...