So you know those amazing smelling and delicious almonds sold at those kiosks at the mall, the ones that cost way too much money for what you get? Well fear not my almond loving friends, for there is a recipe that tastes just as amazing, and instead of the mall, your home gets to smell that awesome. Might I also suggest what a great gift these make for neighbors or aunts and uncles.
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg (just the white)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 lbs of almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 300 F
2. In a bowl mix together your brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, whip your egg white until soft peaks form, the creamier the egg the better it is going to coat your almonds (that being said, you DON'T want stiff peaks to form) A stand mixer with a whisk attachment is great for this, but a hand mixer will do the job too.
4. One you have soft peaks add in the vanilla, fold in
5. Toss the almonds into the egg mixture and completely coat them in egg
6. Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt mix and coat everything (you should be drooling by now)
7. Transfer to a cookie sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper, but you could also just grease the pan)
Note: I have now baked them both with parchment paper and without and I much prefer baking them on the paper. Way easier cleanup and easier to flip
8. Bake for 15 minutes, flip the almonds and bake for another 10-15 minutes
9. Let them cool a bit, this is when the candy shell will harden
10. Enjoy! And try not to eat the whole pound!