Monday, June 16, 2014

Easy grout cleaner

I understand the before & after photos in this post are not life shattering.  Truly, I do.  But for me,  even slightly dingy grout can make an otherwise spotless bathroom look so dirty still.  Clean grout  just makes me feel... happy.  I used two, cheap old ingredients.  Baking soda and vinegar.  I poured baking soda into the grout lines, and then sprayed vinegar on sections at a time and used a grout brush and scrubbed a dub dub away.   
It feels good to know I can clean yet another dirty sector of our home with cheap natural ingredients! 
Earth shattering? No.  But, it makes me feel so much better.  I know a lot of people have had no luck with this method, and honestly I thought I would have no luck too, but I'm glad I gave it the good ol' college try because I am happy with the results.
Clean anything with cheap natural ingredients lately?

-Meg

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The transformation is just spectacular. I've been using the baking soda and vinegar combo for a long time now to clean practically everything on the ground, from the floors to the carpets. It's a pretty classic technique and it sure is effective. Thank you for sharing that! Happy homemaking!

    Nathan Riley @ Steemer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nathan, it always astounds me how many nasty chemicals we have been able to stop using and just use baking soda and vinegar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...