These muffins are super easy and crazy good, so when the Mr. needed breakfast foods to take to work for a fundraiser I knew I had to make these muffins as one of the foods for him to take! I love a muffin with a great crumble on top, and these always turn out so moist for me. Only problem is, I didn't get to eat one this time.
1 &1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2-3 bananas mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups.
2. Mix together 1 &1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. In a separate bowl mix together the mashed banana, sugar, lightly beaten egg, and melted butter.
3. Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture (yes, you read that correctly add the wet mixture to the dry) just until moistened, don't over mix!
4. Spoon into batter cups, 2/3 full.
5. In a small bowl fork together the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 2 tbsp flour and butter until it resembles cornmeal. Then sprinkle over the batter. If you are like me, at this point you have doubled the amount to make the crumble and seriously doused the batter.
6. Bake for 17-20 minutes, test with a toothpick. Let cool and eat. or don't let cool, and eat.
Next time you have brown bananas on the counter that did not get eaten, don't see them as a waste, make muffins!